June updates from Story Box Library
Welcome to a month of Story Box Library stories, with CBCA Book Week 2021 titles and upcoming story releases with Auslan translations.
Explore NAIDOC Week stories to engage children in First Nations’ cultural knowledge, history and voices, and read our Q&A with Frankie Jaiyeola, Librarian Storyteller of the Year Winner 2020.
JB sales representative Chris Epple shared insights into how library communities across the country are using SBL to promote literacy and reading.
New Story Releases:
- From creator Jess Sanders, Love Your Body encourages young girls to admire and celebrate their bodies for the amazing things they can do and Be Your Own Man shows that every boy deserves to be themselves.
- Your Birthday was the Best tells the story of a plucky young cockroach who gate-crashes a birthday party.
- Read by Captain Starlight from Starlight Children’s Foundation, There’s No Such Thing.
- Read by singer-songwriter Kate Miller-Heidke for Melbourne Writers Festival (MWF), How to Make a Bird.
- Read by comedian Mel Buttle for MWF, the hilarious Not Cute and Anemone is Not the Enemy.
- Read by State Library of Queensland librarian and 2020 SBL Librarian Storyteller of the Year Frankie Jaiyeola, Ellie’s Dragon and Norton and the Bear.
- Read by author Alice Pung for MWF, The Unwilling Twin.
- With a strong message of interconnectedness, hope and empowerment, This Small Blue Dot.
- We Love You, Magoo captures a family dog’s energy and emotion.
- Following a curious child as they navigate the possibilities of their imagination, You Might Find Yourself is created and read by Tai Snaith.
With 24/7 access to a world of stories, it’s Storytime, Anytime!
Email us today to book in a demo with one of the sales team