Whether you are looking for story reads to bolster your library events, or activities to encourage community engagement, Story Box Library’s digital collection has you covered for CBCA Book Week and beyond!
Discover CBCA Book Week winning stories Jetty Jumping, Iceberg and The Boy Who tried to Shrink His Name, and other shortlisted titles, plus promotional assets, including printable Shelf Talkers to engage your library community.
Encourage young patrons to join the Story Box Library CBCA Book Week Reading Challenge, getting kids excited about storytelling, reading and learning.
Connecting young readers at Brimbank Libraries in St Albans, Victoria, Story Box Library recently spoke with their library staff member Rosie Cirrito who participated in the 2021 CBCA Shadow Judging program.
Explore August story releases:
- From award-winning illustrator and storyteller Freya Blackwood, The Boy and the Elephant is a magical and tender wordless picture book about the world we live in and our ability to change it. Performed by musician Zoe Barry. Shortlisted in CBCA’s Picture Book of the Year.
- My Shadow is Pink is inspired by creator and storyteller Scott Stuart’s own little boy. The boy’s shadow likes princesses, fairies and things 'not for boys'...this is an important story for a new generation of children and adults alike which exemplifies the concepts of unconditional love, respect and positive parenting.
- Norton and the Borrowing Bear is a story about setting limits and learning to accept your friends, flaws and all. Created by Gabriel Evans and read by Angourie Rice.
- What happens when a jellyfish falls in love with a plastic bag she mistakes for a jelly-boy? Will their love endure, or will she learn the dangerous truth? Jelly-Boy is written by Nicole Godwin, illustrated by Christopher Nielsen and read by Laurence Boxhall. On the Notables list for Children’s Book Council of Australia’s Picture Book of the Year.
- When a girl is given a coin to spend at the market, she thinks carefully about what to buy. Market Day is a story brimming with joy, generosity and magic from two of Australia's beloved picture book creators. Written by Carrie Gallasch, illustrated by Hannah Sommerville and read by Jillian Nguyen.
With 24/7 access to a world of stories, it’s Storytime, Anytime!
Email us today to book in a demo with one of the sales team