OUR SEARCH, DISCOVERY AND ORDERING PLATFORM
JBO (James Bennett Online) is the web interface to the James Bennett titles database and order management system and is available as a link from the James Bennett homepage.
JBO is the largest database of its kind and contains over ten (10) million new and backlist titles with an additional 10,000 new and updated titles added to the database each month.
By using JBO, library staff can:
- Search and order print material, ebooks and multimedia products
- Detailed information including long descriptions, alternative editions, ebook details and buying options, table of contents, plus better visibility of records with optional Card View
- New promotional home page highlighting Hot, Top 50, New Release and Awarded titles to make selecting must-have titles easier than ever
- Generate selection lists and send them to other library staff with a JBO login
- Limit searches to Australian content and editions only
- Search for pre-release titles as they are added to the database
- Monitor the status of current orders, PSO orders and complete order histories
JBO, our online selection and acquisitions interface, has been designed to help libraries streamline, automate and simplify workflows. JBO saves time and increases selection and ordering accuracy, efficiency and productivity. Other features include the ability to:
- Conduct more advanced searches
- Increase automation of your ordering processes
- View in stock/inventory information
- Export data to your library management system
- Use OpenURL technology to link directly from JBO to your own catalogue and automatically check your holdings (providing you have a link resolver)
- A branch and copy allocation facility that enables library staff at each library to order specific quantities of materials to specific branches, including mobile libraries. This functionality has been designed to make the ordering process faster and more streamlined.
- Assign flexible permissions with options to assign selection, buying, and administration roles making JBO adaptable to your library’s unique structure.